1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vizio bdp being removed from BBonline

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by karrank%, Dec 24, 2011.

1. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    apologies if this has been covered or posted in the wrong area--

Got an email from BB online saying they're removing their app from my Vizio BD.

Anyone else have this situation?

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Did they say when? I just checked mine and it's still on there. I don't sub however.

3. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    3 Jan. Just looked on the BB on Demand site and Vizio isn't even listed anymore.

Wonder what the story is.

I subscribe but haven't used it, still have that $5 credit guess I'll use that in the next few days.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    ...and this relates only to Dish just how? Don't you think everyone would like to know this information?

5. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    I apologized in advance if posted in error to the wrong area.

I apologize again for antagonizing you so.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Arguably this thread fits here since Dish owns Blockbuster and it would affect Dish customers.

It could go in the Blu-ray players area, but less people would see it... I could be wrong, but I suspect being in the Dish general forum it will get more eyes than if moved, so I'm ok with it being here for now.

7. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Maybe there should be a new forum under "Dish Network Products and Services"

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Perhaps if there was enough traffic. The same thought crossed our minds when DISH bought Sling a few years back making Slingboxes a DISH Network product. We'll see how it goes.

As for the removal of BB from Vizio it doesn't make sense to me to eliminate a way people can purchase your product unless it is replaced by a better way or a way that makes more money. How does this change better or make more money for DISH/Blockbuster?

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I wonder if this is a case where Vizio is not easy to work with and if they update their firmware, Blockbuster has to churn their app and maybe Vizio doesn't give them lead time... Thus, the choice is pull their app from Vizio OR risk their app going out broken and making them look bad with no way to fix?

10. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Vizio has other issues as well, their last software upgrade my OTA guide now does not work and Vizio used to have access to TV Guide's widget in their internet apps,which is also now gone as well, so the fact that the BB widget is also now gone(which on my Vizio HDTV it is gone) is no surprise.:mad:

If my Vizio HDTV wasn't a gift(it was) I would unload it and go with a HDTV manufacturer that does not have a "vanishing apps" issue.:rolleyes: