1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOD Beta, Hows that going?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by love that tv, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love that tv

love that tv Legend

Jul 8, 2006
    hey earl, would you mind letting us know if the beta test is going good. i understand you cant tell us when thats going to happen, but i was hoping you could let us know if the testing is going as planned or is there still plenty of kinks to work out? Your the man, so i assuming you know a beta tester or two!

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Can't speak for Earl, but what I'm hearing is very positive. Of course, everyone would like to have VOD going in January, but the HR20 is making all the right steps toward VOD.

I'm not aware of any external beta testing program yet, but I expect there will be some movements toward some form in the very near future.

Cheers,
    Tom

3. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Tom, did you mean LAST January, as in "everyoune would have liked to have VOD going in January", or NEXT January, as in there's a delay? I thought VOD was supposed to be out "summer 2007", so I'm confused where January entres the picture ...

Thanks.

4. love that tv

love that tv Legend

Jul 8, 2006
    external beta testing meaning, CE or just anyone outside of DTV. i thought for sure Earl would be trying it out. i understand DTV doesnt put any date in stone, (ie the HR20, New HD channels premireing or VOD) which is fine for now. i was just hoping plans were going as schedule. thx tom

5. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    I meant that as an extreme--everyone wanted it this past January--but it was never an external promise; just happy hope perhaps. Things might have slipped based on some articles that may have implied an external program by now, but the CE program has helped to keep the course on track as much as possible.

Cheers,
    Tom

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Earl is not trying it...

It is only internal employees...

But as Tom said... as of right now, everything to be appears to be going fine... an dis still pretty much on track for the expected time frames.

Contray to other peoples reports, the "CE" trial for the VOD is still on track for when it was expected to be.

7. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Cool!

Thanks Tom, and thanks Earl.

8. pprather

pprather Legend

Nov 11, 2006
    excellent. I can't wait for this to begin

9. love that tv

love that tv Legend

Jul 8, 2006
    thanks tom and earl. thats good to hear!

10. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
    So when is the CE trial VOD supposed to begin?

11. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Sooner then later...

12. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Earl, are you planning to run for office?:grin:

13. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    :) Too many skeletons

Well... there is no definitive date, just estimated time frames...

So I could have said soon... with out the later part.

14. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Earl, do you know if they're going to run the first part of the CE beta like the SWM, where only a few folks get it first, before going out as a general CE release???

15. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I don't know at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.