1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VOD Channels: Call DirecTV to Subscribe - but I am a subscriber to those...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rgbyhkr, Sep 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rgbyhkr

rgbyhkr New Member

Jul 2, 2006
    So, I am on day 3 of my HR 21 Pro. So far, it's not bad. The menus are a bit slow, especially for all the cool stuff offered. Anyways, I am getting an odd message when I try to download VOD content on channels that I do subscribe to. The appropriate VOD channel shows up in my guide and I can browse the listings. But when I try to add a show to the queue, I get the pop-up telling me"

"Would you like to add this channel to your DIRECTV package? Visit directv.com or call 1-800-DIRECTV to subscribe."

Of course, I already do subscribe to the channels I have tried, and I have tried a few. The only ones that I have gotten to work so far are shows from the Food Network and HGTV, for whatever reason. I did a restart to the unit yesterday to get mediashare working properly, so I would have figured that would be the little "kickstart" it might need. But, no love.

Am I missing something? Do I have to separately call D to activate the others or something? I just thought that as long as I subscribe to various channels, I will get their VOD content without paying anything else or having to activate it.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

2. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    What channels in particular are you having trouble with?

Are they premiums like Showtime, HBO, etc. and do you subscribe to the premium?

3. rgbyhkr

rgbyhkr New Member

Jul 2, 2006
    I just edited my post, but to clarify, the only VOD channels I have found that will download a show are HGTV and Food. I have Total Choice Plus as well as HD Courtesy, HD Access, HBO, MAX, and Starz.

I know that D doesn't offer HBO and Max VOD, so I wasn't looking for those. I was just trying basic channels like TBS, TNT, Hist, etc. All of those gave me the message above. Again, I saw references to giving it 24 hours for the guide to populate and it seems liek that has happened. All of the VOD channels in 1000+ are in my guide and I can browse the content. I even downloaded one of the Food network shows to completion and skimmed it to check. It was fine. So it's not my internet connection, and doesn't appear to be a guide data issue.

Thanks for any suggestions. Should I do a complete reset?

Jeff