1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VOD hardware?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Ferretguydave, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferretguydave

Ferretguydave Cool Member

Jul 24, 2007
    I have two HR20-100 and would like to use the VOD feature. I have a wireless router (D-Link DI-624) that is connected to my computer and the interenet. What would be the best wireless adapter for my D*TV receivers to work with that? Thanks in advance.

2. kchillh

kchillh Cool Member

Aug 2, 2007
    To save money i would try to hardwire at least one, the other can use a series of hookups. Most will say use a wireless game router or a powerline. If your close to Patterson then there is a store called Micro C****** that could help you out for cheap.

3. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain New Member

Dec 7, 2006
    There are several options for you to use a wireless connection. Assuming your HR20's are in the same area then get a multiport type bridge device if not then use a single port bridge device at each location. Click on the network hlep link in my signature to see different types of hardware devices known to work.

Good luck and have fun.

4. Ferretguydave

Ferretguydave Cool Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Thanks for the help. The two units are in different areas of the house and it would be difficult to hard wire either at this point. I'll take a look at some of the wireless models and then try it out on one unit first to make sure I can get it working. I'll check out that link.

5. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    I am using the Linksys Wireless Game Adapter WGA54G with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.