1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOD IP/throttle questions.

Discussion in 'Service - DIRECTV On Demand CE Versions' started by kaz, Sep 16, 2007.

1. kaz

kaz Legend

Sep 17, 2006
    I currently have both cable and DSL (on a single fw, split w/ routing), does anyone have a list of superblocks which dtv uses for VOD? I'd like to toss VOD over cable so my voip and access to my work isnt lagged to death. The ability to throttle down the download speeds might also be nice, considering not everyone has two internet connections at home. Blocks I have so far....

208.111.128.0/18 (dallas)
    68.142.64.0/18 (dallas)

I'll add more to the list as people PM me, or I find them out.

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    kaz, it sounds like you're pretty knowledgeable. I know that my router at work can do bandwidth limiting per connection... does your home router?

3. kaz

kaz Legend

Sep 17, 2006
    Cisco Pix 520 w/ no QoS.... plus why would I wanna QoS my own http traffic down. If I had superblocks I'd be able to route them a diff direction or, if i did have QoS, only apply there. I guess my original question would still apply :)

Still, its not such a crazy request for the non-geek person to be able to pull up a menu and set the download speed. V0n@g3 has the option for people.