1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vod not available?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jjeeffff, Apr 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jjeeffff

jjeeffff Mentor

Jul 22, 2008
    When I go to the on demand screen I get a blank screen with a message that says 1000 dtv is currently not available. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Was it working in the past? (do you have your DVR connected to the internet?)

3. jjeeffff

jjeeffff Mentor

Jul 22, 2008

Yes it was working in the past, I am connected to the internet, use mrv flawlessly with my other dvr upstairs.

4. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    MRV is local (on your network), VOD is an internet connection.

Try re-running your network set up to be sure the unit in question is connected to the internet.

5. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    actualy goto menu>setup>system setup>info&test and run test there..

6. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Can I ask what model DVR you have? I've never had an issue (always had the NR and CE's) up until 3/9 when I got the last NR

Since the last NR, my HR20-100 works fine for a few days after a reset from the menu.. then I lose VOD again.. MRV and everything works fine.. but the blasted VOD/Cinema on Demand goes away.. Doesn't do it on my other HR20-700's and HR23's..

Wondering if now a weird fluke with the latest NR.. As I've seen a few others post about this on their HR20-100's....

7. jjeeffff

jjeeffff Mentor

Jul 22, 2008
    I reran the network setup and that got it going again. Thanks to all for the help!!

8. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Congrats.