1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VOD on free preview message

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mx6bfast, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Hall Of Fame

Nov 8, 2006
    Delray...
    Since the free preview has started I tried to start downloading The Tudors from vod for my wife to watch. When I tried to dl the first one I got a message saying I had to sub to the channel to get it.

Shouldn't I be able to dl the shows? Don't we have all benefits of the total choice package?

2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008

Showtime Had a Free VOD pre-view just before nurse jackie Started--It showed up in my D* guide.

I think the Premier Channels are Free -preview through this weekend, I don't know if they open the VOD for that or not? I have that package so I have access to the VOD channels anytime.

3. dcowboy7

dcowboy7 Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2008
    Pequannock, NJ
    On Demand isnt available for unsubd channels during the preview....only the actual channel is.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Which makes perfect sense, since VOD may have entire seasons of shows that won't be on during the preview, its only right that non-subs cant download entire seasons. It would be a nightmare to somehow make available just the episodes of the shows that will be on during the free preview period.

5. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Hall Of Fame

Nov 8, 2006
    Delray...
    That was my plan.