1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VOD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by wizkid, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizkid

wizkid New Member

Jun 9, 2007
    In order to get the upcoming Video on Demand service from DirectV, do you need to have a Viiv enabled computer?

I have my computer wireless bridge hooked up with an ethernet connection to my HR20 and I could stream pictures and music.Will I be able to get the VOD Service even though I do not have a Viiv enabled computer?

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Nope, VOD is completely independent of any computers you may have on your home network. VOD will work fine even if you don't have any computers at all, but as long as you have a broadband net connection.

And just FYI, nothing on the HR20 requires a ViiV computer. All the music/photo sharing capabilities can work with other programs such as WMP11 or Twonky, even on Macs.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    :welcome_s to DBStalk

It does not matter what kind of PC you have because VOD has nothing to do with your PC. All you need is a broadband connection from a router connected to the HR20 and you will be good to go.

4. mike_augie

mike_augie You call I haul..

Oct 10, 2006
    Yes ..I believe you will all you will really need is a internet (broadband) connection...as far as I know...

edit ,BMoreRavens you are on your game tonight .... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.