1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

voltage output on component...

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by renpar61, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    I have been having problems with my component out connection through a Rotel receiver. The blue starts slowly fading away until completely off. The problem doesn't exist if the connection goes directly to the TV, at the same time the DVD and Xbox connected to the same receiver don't present any issue. I wasn't sure if the culprit was the 622 or the receiver, but then I posted questions on a Rotel forum and a member made me aware of a known issue with the 622 which may cause this problem: apparently the 622 (like some cable boxes) outputs some voltage on the component line. This doesn't usually present a problem with a direct connection to a TV set, but causes some issues on more "sensitive" equipment, like perhaps my Rotel receiver. I was also pointed to a device that clears the voltage from the signal.
    I did a search here and couldn't find anything. Are you aware of this? Is there a fix from Dish?

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Just remember that EVERY change in the line from the lnb or antenna to the sat receiver looses you signal.

This is every splitter or diplexer or barrel connection drops your signal strength just a little bit. I use solid cable every where i can, no splitters, no diplexers if possible.

Any marginal signals (especially OTA ATSC signals) may be degraded to the point where they are no longer available.

HMMM...This is not the thread I was replying to!

3. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    I was just gonna say... what are you smoking?:grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.