1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Volume constantly changing

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rolybert, Oct 11, 2008.

1. rolybert

rolybert New Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Hello,

I have the vip 722 dvr and when I am watching recorded movies from premium channels the volume is constantly going up and down depending on what is going on in the movie. Sometimes music comes on and it goes way up or action scenes come on and BAM!!!!!

I am constantly having to raise and lower the volume:( I have tried different settings on the box IE: pcm only vs dolby ect. also changed from line in to rf.

I have heard of devices that will automatically adjust the volume IE: when commercials come on. Are there any that work standalone or only ones that come in a receiver?

BTW My 722 is hooked up to a onkyo 7.1 receiver via the 722's optical out.

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Welcome to the group rolybert.

Well, there's the problem; you're watching Emeril! :) Just kidding

Have you checked the volume when directly connected to your TV from your 722?

3. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    set the dynamic range to "OFF" on the onkyo. each receiver has a different label on the remote for this; on my harman kardon it is called "night mode", but on the receiver screen it will display dynamic range. browse the remote or get out the owner's manual and you will find the setting.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    While I sometimes have volume peaks that are louder than expected, I don't have the kind of problem you are describing. My ViP's feed my Toshiba receiver via optical. The receiver does have some settings for each source which I have set differently for my ViP's versus my computer and DVD players. I would assume something similar exists on Onkyo products.