DBSTalk Forum banner

Volume issue using RC24 remote

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueOvalBoy 
#1 ·
I have 2 problems.

1. I think I need a remote code for Sony A/V receiver. Model # str-dh500. The remote model # is rc24. I can turn the receiver on/off, but volume will not work. It only goes up, not down.

2. The bigger issue is when I use the volume up/down on the D* remote the tv volume responds (panasonic TC-P50X1) and not the Sony a/v receiver.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ·
Possible Sony codes:

30158 31058 31758 31759 31258 31858
31441 31658 31558 31349 31442
30689 30815 30220 30474

1. Turn on the component you wish to control (e.g. your
Audio Receiver).
2. Locate the 5-digit code for your component. (See
“Setup Codes, Other Devices” starting on page 15.)
3. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1 (or AV2) position.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same
time until the green light under AV1 (or AV2) flashes
twice, then release both keys.
5. Using the NUMBER keys, enter the 5-digit code for the
brand of component being set up. If performed
correctly, the green light under the selected position
flashes twice.
6. Aim the remote at your component and press the PWR
key once. The component should turn off; if it does
not, repeat steps 3 and 4, trying each code for your
brand until you find the correct code.

Once the code is found, program Vol/Mute for all modes, by repeating step 4 and entering 993, then the select button.

Good luck!!

#3 ·
SO it appears you have the tv vol programmed in, and a code for your Sony, now you just need to do the 993 or whatever it is to get the remotes volume to work your A/V receiver instead. THe instructions are right there on the screen, just try to follow them verbatim.

#4 ·
I've run into some older Sony receivers where the DirecTV remote (even new RC64s) will only turn the volume up, not down. Apparently it's a problem with the "header" signal that the DirecTV remote sends before it sends the actual command to the device; the older receivers don't understand that, and don't respond properly. There's no fix to my knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.