1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volume problem

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rice0209, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rice0209

rice0209 Legend

Oct 11, 2005
    A while back I received an SVA 42" plasma. Yes, I had never heard of the SVA brand of television either until I saw the box for the TV I had won. None the less it was free.

The unit is cheap and is giving me one particularly annoying problem. I have very little volume control. The lowest setting the tv has, at level 1, is the equivalent to turning most tv's half way up on the volume scale. The next step down, 0, is muted. This is very annoying at night as my wife likes to watch a little tv while i try to go to sleep. Unfortunately, its so loud on the lowest setting, that this is impossible.

This tv has been hooked up to an old 510 receiver as well as my new 622 receiver and I have tried multiple inputs on the back for audio and always have the same problem. I cannot find any codes that control the tv, since it is an off brand.

Has anyone had a problem like this where the volume is either really loud or mute from volume setting 0 to 1?

2. Race_Bannon

Race_Bannon Cool Member

Mar 10, 2007

I could not locate anything like this anywhere. What is the model number of the TV?

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You got the value that you paid for. I would recommend putting a "pad" on the RCA outputs of the satellite receiver to bring the output level down.

How does this get to be a ViP622 support issue?

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Amazon.com was selling them like hotcakes for about two weeks back in the Summer of 2004. The model number they offered was: HD4208TIII-PDP.

5. Rovingbar

Rovingbar Legend

Jan 24, 2005
    I have a similar issue on a cheap TV-DVD combo that is completely unrelated to our vip622. :)

I am sure there are some sort of attenuators that can reduce the volume. Is this what you mean by "pad" on the RCA outputs?

BTW: I did a quick froogle search on rca attenuator and found a lot of them for under $15. I bet a quick trip to Radio Shack or even Best Buy might help.

Good luck,
    Jeff

6. rice0209

rice0209 Legend

Oct 11, 2005
    Harsh,

This isn't necessarily a vip 622 issue, or a 510 issue, other then me doing some checking to make sure I did not miss anything. Every tv I have ever hooked up to dish has been in the list of codes. This one was not and i am just doing my due diligence to nail this down as a tv issue. Since the dish unit has no volume control of its own, i wanted to make sure that by default, without a tv code entered into the system, that this wasn't a dish problem.

Secondly, i didn't pay for this television, it was free, as i stated in my first post.

Third, you are correct. The model number is the HD4208TIII-PDP.

Roving, thanks for the tip about the attenuator. I'll check those out. I am still confused as to why the volume level is amplified. I can't imagine what purpose this would serve for any television of any quality.

I did a couple hours of searching on the internet and no one else has this problem. Not that money people bought these. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.