1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vonage App

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Movieman, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I was playing with my Iphone and surfing through the AppleStore on the phone and came across this app. When I had T-Mobile I was using the @Home service for 2 reasons. First my house is a dead zone for T-Mobile so the wifi calling gave me perfect service in my house. Second, it allowed me to use the phone in my house without running up the minutes. AT&T currently doesnt offer this same service but seems that this app with Vonage works. Some of the reviews say that for domestic calls their is no charge only for international calls. I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this app.

I like the sound quality of VOIP as I am mostly in Wifi environments throughout the day and if I could use this service to make more calls and use less minutes would be nice also. I dont have Vonage at home and dont plan I getting any home phone service. (havent had a home phone in 13 years).

Thanks for any feedback.

2. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    BTW I went ahead and downloaded it last night. Sound quality is real good. I had to go the mall where AT&T is not too strong but they give free wifi service. Was able to make calls and they didnt affect my plan. (yet). According to their website its free for domestic calls and dont affect the minutes. They only charge for the international calls that are made. Seems to be a pretty app to save some money even on minutes if you dont have an unlimited plan. The great thing about this app is that its approved by the AppleStore so no need to jailbreak or do anything especial to get it going. I heard that GV Mobile was going to try to do the same thing.

3. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I also downloaded the app after seeing your post, Movieman. I had some sort of glitch getting it set up, but after resetting things, it works great! Sound quality seems excellent so far, as does connectivity. As I have wifi available at home and at work, this could be a real saver for me, money-wise. Thanks for the tip!