1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voom box

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by Mike Richardson, May 29, 2005.

1. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    Do old Voom boxes still function as OTA boxes?

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Yes.

3. fulcrum

fulcrum New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    How? Never canceled my Voom service. I planned to wait till the end of April (or was it March) and pull my card early. But unfortunally Voom canceled service at the end of my billing cycle, which was about 2 weeks early. The box now, does not state it needs activation, it just starts and after about 15/20 seconds it shuts down, leaving the VOOM logo on screen.

4. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    The Voom box should come in today. I hope it works with my attic rabbit ears.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Richard, please see those discussions at VOOM forum here, they have info how check versions and status, seems to me it require tricky remote codes; will be interesting to see how your unsubbed receiver will works with OTA channels.

6. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    Good luck on the Voom box, but you still didn't answer my question I asked in another thread with the same title. :)

Doesn't Fox 26 have an HD signal so you don't have to use that one from Fox 7 when its signal comes in?