1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VOOM Footprint Map

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by Doggfather, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Doggfather

Doggfather AllStar

Apr 19, 2004
    Has anyone come across a voom footprint map? If so, could they Pleezzzz send it to me or better yet pust the url in here? I would love to see this to ensure I can get voom where I am. I spent half a day looking for one but had no luck thus far! :mad:

-Doggfather

2. kevision

kevision Mentor

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm not aware of a footprint map for VOOM either. But you can go to Lyngsat and play with the SatTracker for Rainbow 1 http://www.lyngsat.com/tracker/rain1.shtml
    while not the actual transmission footprint (which is simply 'conus'), you can at least get an idea if you can see the sat.
    where are you located?

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Doggfather, what is your location? (You can add your location to your member profile in the Control Panel.)

Welcome to DBSTalk.com :wave:

4. Doggfather

Doggfather AllStar

Apr 19, 2004
    I added my location in now. I can see 61.5 dish just fone off of old ass echo 3. However, I am unsure of voom as they are trying to see as much of the west as they can... 61.5 is overhead from me just about as i am at 64 west... Anyways, i see so much about how bad the signal is in the forumns that I was wondering if there was any footprint map available out there.