1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Voom's sign off

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by music_beans, May 1, 2005.

1. music_beans

music_beans Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2003
    What did the VOOM channels show when they shut down on April 30th at around 3:00am? (testcards?)

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I felt a momentary sadness when I woke up early (5-ish) Sunday, turn on my new flat panel tv/mon and saw that the VOOM programming had gone dark. The Moto receiver showed "No Signal" for the channels I checked, but pressing the VOOM button got the 'Sign up with Dish' message, so I called a Dish CSR from bed and had 10 of my VOOM channels back in a matter of minutes.

Color me a happy camper! :D

3. kspeters

kspeters Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 12, 2003
    So Nick, you must have legacy equipment then?
    I've got dishpro and need to do some changing to get the voom channels I think ;-(

4. shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio Icon

Aug 24, 2002
    zanesville ohio
    yep same here i have the super dish which is a dish pro and the voom dish pointed at 61.5 but when i hook the voom dish up to the 811 all you get is these channels from voom plus a few free ones that dish has on 61.5, but i lose my other programming from the superdish and i dont care for that is there a way to hook up both the voom dish and the superdish to the 811?