1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote for the #1 reason the why the Wright Flyer didn't take off on time

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nick, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Here's your chance to be a big time TV comedy writer. Read the "Top Ten" list below and cast your vote for the #1 reason, or come up with another, hopefully funnier, #1 reason.

"Top Ten reasons why the 100th Anniversary Wright Flyer didn't take off on time"

10. The pilot was drunk again and couldn't clear security.
    9. Excessive weight of George Foreman Grills for Christmas gifts in baggage.
    8. People running along side the aircraft were attempting to hitch a ride.
    7. The male flight attendant quit to join the cast of "Queer Eye for The Straight Guy.
    6. The co-pilot didn't want to get his spiffy new cap wet.
    5. The replacement pilot was licensed by MicroSoft's "Flight Simulator".
    4. Dead battery.
    3. The soda dispenser was out of rootbeer.
    2. The Nags Head, NC runway was littered with beached whales

...and the #1 reason why the 100th Anniversary Wright Flyer didn't take off on time

Vote Now!

[ ] 1A. Not enough breeze to fly a kite.
    [ ] 1B. The "fly-by-wire" wire snapped
    [ ] 1C. The passenger compartment was being searched for suspected Al Queda terrorists.
    [ ] 1D. The flight's Air Marshal was busy taking California drivers licenses from illegal aliens.
    [ ] 1E. Osama Bin Laden was spotted among the ground crew.
    [ ] 1F. The pilot couldn't find his crayons, and what the heck good is a coloring book without crayons?

Copyright
    © Nick Nixon 2003

2. paulh

paulh Godfather

Mar 17, 2003
    1F seems to capture the type of humor that is typical to #1, but it is too long.
    I'd probably try something like "Connecting flight was delayed" or "All flights were grounded during Clinton's haircut."
    (personally I'd not add any terrorist related items in honor of 100 years of flight, but I realize that the new security measures alone could be grounds for causing a joke)

3. sorahl

sorahl Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey, I was there yesterday :) Sopping wet, getting colder all day long :) NO one wanted that thing to fly more than the great folks from the Wright Experience....

It was an awesome time...

If anyone is interested in pictures (not great ones :( better video) i'll be putting them on the net today.

john

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I am interested in seeing them. Be sure to post the site.

1G. Stewardess got kicked out of Weightwatchers for cheating. :D

5. sorahl

Oct 24, 2002
    I'm figuring out the easiest way for me to do it. I have about 40 pictures. 1/2 of em are decent. the other half are of planes in the air but my camera has no real zoom on it so they are rather boring.

6. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    If you need a site to post to try Pbase.com

7. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    1. "Low Bidder" failed to include an engine in his proposal...... "Oh, you wanted it to FLY??!!??"

8. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    1. Had to wait for the inflight movie to rewind.

9. sorahl

Oct 24, 2002
    i have them on snapfish. if you want to see them i'll send a link to you. send me a PM!

:)
    Sorahl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.