1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WABC HD Program Guide Wrong?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by RMLapthorn, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMLapthorn

RMLapthorn New Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Anyone else in the NY market with the H20 receiver and AT9 dish notice this...

The program guide for the analog local (labeled NY7) Channel 7 is correct, and the HD feed on Channel 86 (labeled ABCE) is correct, but the MPEG4 HD feed (labeled WABC) on Channel 7 has never been right, since I got the H20 in February.

For example, I'm now watching Pearl harbor on all 3 ABC feeds, but the HD feed on Channel 7 is listing the program as "Beautiful Homes and Great Escapes."

I suspect the errant listings are from OTA Channel 7-2, but I'm on the wrong side of the mountain to get any NY locals OTA, so I can't verify that. For what it's worth, the guide is correct for ABC out of Philly OTA on 6-1, 6-2 and 6-3.

D* customer service promised to "Look into it" a month ago, but I'm not holding my breath.!

2. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    You are correct. The guide data is for OTA 7-2. Has been that way since I got the H-20 3 months ago.

3. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    Ditto. It hasn't been correct since my installation in January.

4. frankia5

frankia5 New Member

May 10, 2006
    My guide does the same thing....

5. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    Called it in again today - amazing, spoke with a number of different people, got so many different answers.

Even spoke to a supervisor, she told me that MPEG4 in NY doesn't exist yet. This lack of CSR knowledge is what will be their ultimate downfall I believe. They owe correct knowledge to paying customers.

Bottom line, I am typing as I am on hold with Chase Carey's office in Cal. They say they are escalating this to engineering immediately.

Frankly, the average person in the call center is clueless.

Not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.