1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waiting period for leased IRD returns

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by matt, Jul 20, 2010.

1. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    My parents finally bought an HDTV! I am about to call and order service for them from D* and have a question. They are getting 1 HD DVR, 1 HD receiver and 2 D12s with the MRV service. If later we buy a MRV capable receiver (an owned H or HR), is there an amount of service time that the D12s have to be on or can they be replaced, deactivated, and sent back right away?

I would assume they need to be on for a length of time since they would end up on the "FedEx refurb truck", but I figured I would ask. We may go ahead and just lease another H receiver when we set this up.

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    As long as you keep at least one receiver active with a minimum-qualifying programming package, you can return other receivers any time you want. You'll just lose any up-front lease-upgrade fees you paid for those receivers, if any (and unlikely there'd be any on a D12).

3. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Cool. Yes, they will give us as many D12s as we want to pay mirror fees on :)