1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiver Denied... Next Step?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by homeskillet, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    One of my so-called "LOCAL" LP FOX station is being a pain and denied my waiver request. What is the next step I can take? I think it is a signal test am I right? How do I go about doing that?

I've contacted the station and everybody refuses to work with me. :nono:

The FOX station is the only one I can't get. And CBS my strongest station that comes in is the only station to Approve my waiver request. Go Figure. :confused:

2. freakmonkey

freakmonkey Banned User

Sep 11, 2003
    This is in your future :bang

It is a near impossible task to get E* and the local broadcaster to agree on the tester and who will pay the fees. Even though it is outlinde in SHIVA. SHIVA has no bite in this area so it is mostly a fools errand. I ended up having to "move" to get the signal.

From http://www.fcc.gov/mb/shva/shviafac.html

13. Suppose the satellite company and the TV station do not agree on the person to conduct the signal strength test?

A: In the event that a satellite company and the TV station are unable to agree, SHVIA requires that the FCC designate an independent and neutral entity to select the person or organization to conduct the test. On May 26, 2000, the FCC issued a Report and Order, FCC 00-185, which designated the American Radio Relay League ("ARRL") as the independent and neutral entity for this purpose. The satellite provider and the TV station are supposed to work with the ARRL to select the person or organization that will conduct the signal strength test. The ARRL cannot designate the person or organization to conduct the test in response to a request from a consumer.

3. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    Stations basically do what they want and think by denying your waiver, you'll be forced to watch their station. It doesn't work that way. I know people that in the past that just do without that network if their waivers are denied because the station thinks everyone should be able to get their signal no matter where they live.

4. ypsiguy

ypsiguy Icon

Jan 28, 2004
    I'd complain to the Fox network itself. Start a little heat from above and let the s*&t start to roll downhill.

5. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    FALSE ALARM!!!

The station denies all waivers unless you call or e-mail them directly. I talked to the Engineer today and we was very nice. He has been gone for 3 days for jury duty and said he got my e-mail but had not replied. My waiver will be granted.

Also, he told me DirecTV will have Topeka locals including FOX 43 (LP Fox Station) on by around April 1. He also said Dish Network was in town and looking at a site for thier POP and how they wanted to recieve FOX 43. He said the Dish Network individuals said they wanted to be uplinked and running before DirecTV is.

Good news for me... but I'm sure they'll put it on SuperDISH and I'll have to wait xx weeks to get it installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.