1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall Plate for Multiple Cables?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by nicshow, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 6, 2006 #1 of 12
    nicshow

nicshow AllStar

Apr 12, 2002
    I'm considering upgrading to the 625. I'm wondering if there is some kind of wall plate where 2 or 3 cables can be terminated so that there aren't 2 or cable coming from a hole in the wall or through the floor?

thanks!

2. Mar 6, 2006 #2 of 12
    kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    If you've got Dish Pro Plus switches/lnb's, you can run a single cable to the receiver and then use a DPP separator behind the 625 to split the signal into the 2 tuner inputs.

3. Mar 6, 2006 #3 of 12
    nicshow

nicshow AllStar

Apr 12, 2002
    Well, I don't have those yet. Does Dish installer decide that on scene, can you request?

Even at that, there will be 2 cables running through the wall and I guess they do make plates for 2 connectors, right?

4. Mar 6, 2006 #4 of 12
    CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Many places carry multi line wall plates.....

I went with the modular jacks from Radio Shack, they work great.....

They sell a 6 port, 4 port, and 2 port model....I went with 4 port models, 3 RG-6, and one RJ-11 to each location, works great....

5. Mar 6, 2006 #5 of 12
    kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    There would actually be only 1 cable. It gets split into 2 right behind your receiver. If you currently only have 1 cable running to your receiver, the odds are good that the installer will swap out your switches for DPP versions simply so they don't have to hassle with running a 2nd cable.

6. Mar 6, 2006 #6 of 12
    Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    My plates are from Skywalker. You can get "Keystone" plates with 2, 3, 4, or 6 openings. I have seen custom plates with 8.

Attached Files:

7. Mar 7, 2006 #7 of 12
    CastleGrayskull

CastleGrayskull Cool Member

Sep 30, 2005
    Hey Jason, that silver barrel in the wallplate must be your satellite in?

8. Mar 7, 2006 #8 of 12
    Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002
    I make my own. A step drill like the Unibit is great for cutting the 3/8" holes in white or beige "nylon" wall plates to take the 3 Ghz barrel connectors and nuts.

The "nylon" blank wall plates are cheap at 67 cents each at Lowes or Home Depot.

9. Mar 7, 2006 #9 of 12
    AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    Same here.

10. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    Even if you don't want to go the whole "keystone" route, you can certainly purchase a wall plate with 2 F-type connections on it. This works great if you don't have Dish Pro Plus equipment, or if you are running a separate line for the antenna vs. the satellite feed.

They're cheap and you can get them at places like Menard's or Home Depot (etc).

11. psnarula

psnarula Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    i only needed one coax line running into my 625 because it was split with a separator as has been described above. but i needed the output from tv2 to run back downstairs into my basement so the installer set me up with a dual-coax wall jack. he had a bunch of them in his truck and he gave it to me for free as part of the install..

12. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Correct, I wanted to be sure that the sat feed was fed through connections and cabling rated and swept tested for a full 3 Ghz. Most are rated up to 2.3Ghz, which technically is all you need right now, but also the keystones were made for systems up to 900 MHz in some cases, so I wanted to be sure. Top right is OTA, Middle left is Distribution out, middle left is distribution in, bottom left is Phone, and bottom left is Ethernet.

I also heard somebody make reference to making his own out of barrels and nuts, I caution that most barrel connectors do not come with nuts and washers. I ran into this issue when building my switch panel, I could not find nuts and washers after the fact from Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, or even Rad Shack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.