1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Want the CBS-HD feed? Read this!

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by -, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Guest

I just got off the phone with the chief engineer of the local CBS affiliate. I had sent him an e-mail asking him if he would talk to Dish network to give them a waiver so I can receive the CBS-HD feed. My local affilliate does not broadcast in HD yet so I saw no reason why I couldn't receive the national HD feed.

He told me he called Dish network and reviewed my situation. Dish Network apparently told him that the local analog feed and the national HD feed fall under the same umbrella as the LIL rules...meaning that if you have LIL in your town, no national feeds of any kind and no waiver...period.

This is unfortunate and I'm very dissapointed with Dish. It seems that my local station wanted to grant me the waver but Dish wouldn't let them because of the LIL rules. What good is a waiver then!

I guess my message is that if you have LIL and want the CBS-HD feed and your local affiliate is not owned and operated by CBS....Good luck!

2. Guest

I got tired of the hassle with my local station. Got a Star Choice system instead

3. Guest

Forgive my ignoramousness, but hat is a Star Choice system???

Nick :smokin:

4. Guest

Star Choice is one of 2 Canadian DBS providers, the other being Bell Express Vu.

Steve