1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Want to add receiver (or mini).....question.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by mynameisjason, Apr 22, 2013.

1. mynameisjason

mynameisjason Cool Member

Dec 21, 2011
    I hope this will make sense. Right now my setup is HR34 and two H25s.

Come December I want to upgrade one of the H25s to a HR24 and leave the HR34 and other H25 as is. I also want to move the H25 (or get a mini) for another room.

Here's the question: This moved H25 (or mini) will only be used during mid-Decemeber until mid-Janurary and then mid-April until mid-August. Can I have either of these turned on during those times and then turned off when not needed and not have to send it back or will I have to just keep it on and pay the $6 each month like normal?

Thanks!

EDIT: No clue why I posted this here. Thought I was in just general discussion.

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    If it's a leased box, I'm pretty sure they'll want it back. If it's an owned unit, you can activate and deactivate until your hearts content.

Another option is a RVU capable Samsung display that can act as a client for the HR34. You should be able to add and remove client licenses for that option too.

3. mynameisjason

mynameisjason Cool Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Thats what I thought. Thanks.

4. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    No problem! :)

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Unfortunately this involves a call to DirecTV every time to disconnect. Wish there was a way to do it online with OWNED "boxes"

6. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I'm not holding my breath for that. They want you to call so they have an opportunity to do something to keep your business. They don't want to make it easy to use less of their service.