1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning - Do Not Buy from American Satellite SUCCESSFUL RESOLUTION

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Wedgecon, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedgecon

Wedgecon AllStar/Supporter

Jul 13, 2002
    The Hard Disk in my DirecTivo died after a couple of weeks and I called them on Monday to get a replacement. They setup a RMA where they would send me out a new unit and I ship them the old one back. They told me that I would get a shipping confirmation number and receive the new unit in 3-5 Business Days. I thought all was well except when I could not get the tracking number so I would know when it was going to arrive. They charged my VISA full price for a new unit with the understanding that I would be credited when I sent the old one back. Every time I called and asked for the tracking number I was told that my package had shipped and the person up updates the ordering system with tracking numbers was sick so when he came back they would update me. I finally called again this morning and they admitted due to several problems that my order had not shipped yet. The best I was able to get was a shipping option that should get me my replacement by Wednesday.

I tried to talk them into shipping overnight but they refused. I do not think it is too much to ask for since they have over $400.00 of my money and I still do not have a working DirecTivo.

I am going to recommend that everybody stop buying from American Satellite until they learn what customer service is. I know mistakes happen, but the total unwillingness to do anything about it is what upsets me. It would not have cost that much to send me a new unit overnight so I can get it setup in time to for Feb Sweeps. If enough people cancel orders or do not place new orders maybe they will get the message and improve things so others do not have to go through this.

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Call Visa and have them charge the money back. That will get American Satellites attention.

3. raj2001

raj2001 Icon/Supporter

Nov 2, 2002
    Hmmm.. I've heard of cross exchange RMA from other companies where they just take your credit card info but don't charge anything. It's strange that they charged you.

4. boba

boba Guest

Why not just forget American Satellite and go directly to the manufacturer, you moght get a better response.

5. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    I beg to differ. I ordered a RCA recv from them and it showed up at my house with a big hole in the box (exactly where the infrared eye is). I hooked it up and sure as can be, remote didn't work. I called them and they quickly shipped out a replacement and contacted UPS to pick up the damaged recv. Nothing but high marks for them!
    UPS, on the other hand, took forever to pick up the damaged recv!!

6. Wedgecon

Jul 13, 2002
    I am considering calling my bank and having the Visa charge disputed. As to Sony, they said if I shipped it to them it takes 30 to 90 days to get it back.

7. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Wedgecon - I have some contacts at ASE and have asked them to look into this and hopefully come up with an acceptable solution.

8. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    PM me your name & phone number - I'm on the line with ASE right now. (4:38 pm EST)

9. Wedgecon

Jul 13, 2002
    I have sent the Info..Thanks agian for your help Mark..

10. Wedgecon

Jul 13, 2002
    Mark was able to work with AmSat and get me my Tivo shipped to me quickly.

11. Augie #70

Augie #70 AllStar

Apr 24, 2002
    Squeaky wheel get the oil .

12. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Its all about who you know.... :D

13. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Very cool Mark good job! I love it when we actually can help people with their problems! Thats what running this place is all about! :)

Enjoy your DirecTivo Wedgecon! Thanks for visiting DBSTalk.COM!

14. Frapp

Frapp Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I am glad to hear that if I purchase from AMSAT they will take good care of my order and offer me prompt service as long as someone who knows them ( like Mark ) speaks to them :confused: :confused: :confused:

God I love brick and mortar electronic stores :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.