1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washington Nationals on ESPN2 ALT Blacked out

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Shellback X 23, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shellback X 23

Shellback X 23 Legend

Sep 18, 2004
    My service address is in the Roanoke, VA DMA and I am many miles closer to Washington DC then Baltimore MD. Why do I get the Brewers - Nationals game blacked out on both ESPN2 Alt. 2 & 3. Why?

CSNMA, our RSN, is broadcasting Baltimore - KC. Is that why I can't get the Nats?

2. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    You don't get the Nats on ESPN(2) because it is subject to blackout in the Nats territory. If DISH gets Nats MASN you should be able to see the games on that Alt channel.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    I wish Dish would hurry up and get MASN. It can't be that expensive considering it only has a few games and no other shows. Plus its owners are likely eager to get it carried since they are having a battle with Comcast over O's coverage on CSN-MA.

4. pangderx

pangderx AllStar

Jan 8, 2004
    I'm in upstate NY and I noticed that the game was listed on the EPG as being on BOTH ESPN Alt and ESPN2 Alt. Weird.

5. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Not really. On those occasions when ESPN and ESPN2 are both running a baseball game at about the same time, they typically only need a single alternate to cover any blackout. (For example, the cable subs here in Denver got to see the Nats instead of the Rockies game.)

It's when the starting times are an hour or more apart that ESPN adds the expenses of a separate alternate game.

6. jventre

jventre Cool Member

Apr 29, 2004
    Any word on if or when MASN will be picked up by Dish. they are being killed by Direct TV on sports. No NFL, no YES netowrk and now those local to DC like myself can't even follow the local team. All Nationals games carried on MLB by the opposing team are blacked it. MLB should take the Orioles away from Peter Angelos for being such a dumb a-- or tell him to pound sand on territorial rights and allow the Nationals to be watched via the MLB package regardless of where you live. Without viable TV coverage they won't catch on in the town and by 2010 will be looking to relo once again because only 5000 people show up for games and they have no TV $$$.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The Washington Post, Washington Times and dcrtv.com all say that a deal with DISH is close. But the same could be said about Oxygen , YES, and probably half a dozen other channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.