DBSTalk Forum banner

Watch ABC agreement ever coming for DTV?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mrmojo 
#1 ·
Do we have any idea when DTV may reach some agreement with ABC so that we can finally authenticate Watch ABC on mobile devices? It's really annoying to have just about every other provider available but no DTV. These agreements all seem so random ..

#2 ·
I know the contract is up for renegotiation this year. I would be very surprised if streaming wasn't nailed down by then. Actually a bit surprised they didn't get it done before the World Cup so DIRECTV could stream it on WatchESPN.

#7 ·
Very frustrating that we lost our local Fox affiliate this weekend in the Raycom/DirecTV dispute and the information DirecTV provides about it states that there are apps available for ABC and FOX where we can watch the national programming. Downloaded the FoxNow app - DirecTV is not listed as a carrier that can access the app. It was like rubbing salt in the wound :blackeye:

#8 ·
csf97 said:
Very frustrating that we lost our local Fox affiliate this weekend in the Raycom/DirecTV dispute and the information DirecTV provides about it states that there are apps available for ABC and FOX where we can watch the national programming. Downloaded the FoxNow app - DirecTV is not listed as a carrier that can access the app. It was like rubbing salt in the wound :blackeye:
Agreed. DirecTV goofed big time with their inclusion.

#9 ·
I finally bit the bullet back in April and got a smartphone. Now I find out that I can't use WatchESPN or Watch ABC. Again DirecTV trails the competition. I am so glad that when my $10 off/month for HD 24 month discount ran out I was able to renew it for 1 yr with no commitment. Planning on purchasing a new HDTV next year and then it's bye bye DirecTV and hello Verizon FIOS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.