1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Watch ABC agreement ever coming for DTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by don s, Jun 4, 2014.

1. don s

don s Mentor

Sep 4, 2011
    Do we have any idea when DTV may reach some agreement with ABC so that we can finally authenticate Watch ABC on mobile devices? It's really annoying to have just about every other provider available but no DTV. These agreements all seem so random ..

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I know the contract is up for renegotiation this year. I would be very surprised if streaming wasn't nailed down by then. Actually a bit surprised they didn't get it done before the World Cup so DIRECTV could stream it on WatchESPN.

3. don s

don s Mentor

Sep 4, 2011
    Boy I hope it gets done this year. I feel like we're left out of some great mobile experiences without these agreements...

4. steveymac

steveymac AllStar

Nov 30, 2004
    You can blame Disney for this, as much as they say on their website to contact your provider to get access, they won't add their "watch" product mid-contract. plus you know what this means when we do get access, a higher bill..ugh!

5. don s

don s Mentor

Sep 4, 2011
    Still no word on this I suppose. I wish they would get on with finishing their negotiations... :-/

6. GLJones

GLJones AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    We got lucky, my wife works for Disney so we can get free access. The FoxNow app is not available though as they don't support DirecTV either.

7. csf97

csf97 Mentor

Jan 10, 2006
    Very frustrating that we lost our local Fox affiliate this weekend in the Raycom/DirecTV dispute and the information DirecTV provides about it states that there are apps available for ABC and FOX where we can watch the national programming. Downloaded the FoxNow app - DirecTV is not listed as a carrier that can access the app. It was like rubbing salt in the wound :blackeye:

8. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    Agreed. DirecTV goofed big time with their inclusion.

9. mrmojo

mrmojo Mentor

Feb 11, 2008
    I finally bit the bullet back in April and got a smartphone. Now I find out that I can't use WatchESPN or Watch ABC. Again DirecTV trails the competition. I am so glad that when my $10 off/month for HD 24 month discount ran out I was able to renew it for 1 yr with no commitment. Planning on purchasing a new HDTV next year and then it's bye bye DirecTV and hello Verizon FIOS.