1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Watch DirecTv online

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mreaves53, Jul 16, 2014.

1. mreaves53

mreaves53 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Odenville, Al
    I am trying to watch a moive on the DirecTv website. I have updated my DirecTv player. Everytime a moive starts to load the circle in the center fills up to 85% and then nothing. Is this a DirecTv problem, a computer problem or a provider problem?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Tell us more about your computer .... brand/model, operating system, web browser, etc.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    100% of the time, it has to do with your network set up (firewall, Anti virus, etc)

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Do anyone suppose that HDCP or similar DRM measures may be an issue? I recall that content protection was a vexing problem with later versions of DIRECTV2PC.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Nope, not the case here

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Nope.

7. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I usually try to play the movie again if it gets stuck the first time, It'll work eventually, Or try clearing cookies on your browser and try again.

8. mreaves53

mreaves53 Cool Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Odenville, Al
    I have a Toshiba Qosmio running Window 7 Home Premium, 16 gigs memory 1 tb Hd. My ip is Comcast wtih 30+ download speed. I am connected to a Motorols Surfboard modem via ethernet. I will pursure the cookie/firewall problem. I have no problem with HBOGO,but I do have problems with MaxGo, Starz and Showtime sites.

Thanks in advance.

9. chndlr18

chndlr18 New Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Mesa, AZ
    I wanted to register and reply, as I have found why it was loading to 85% and not working for ME. And I know how frustrating it is to get replies like "Nope" and 100% of the time, it has to do with your network set up (firewall, Anti virus, etc) and leave feeling like no one put in any effort to help.

For me, I'm using Windows 8, browser: Chrome. And I found it would load to 85% then my browser was blocking the plug-in. Just simply right clicked and chose "always allow" from directv.com and wallah! Fixed.

So no, 100% of the time it does not have to do with your network set up. And in the future, please do more research before giving such definitive [inaccurate] responses.