1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching Satt Channels while recording OTA?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ggulch, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Shouldn't I be about to do this? I've started recording as much of the Big 3 OTA to get HD recordings, but if I try to tune off of the OTA channel being recorded, I get the "This will stop the recording" dialog.

I can still watch a previously recorded program, but I thought I could watch another "live" channel while recording OTA. DVR is a 622 in single mode.

Ron

2. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Select a sat channel by keying in the number or going through the guide. If you're using channel up/down it likely has to change to another OTA channel which would interrupt the recording.

3. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    That works, thanks. I haven't tried recording three at once (2 satt channels + 1 OTA), but I think that should work, too. I really need to get a decent outdoor antenna up to get reliable/clean OTA signals. Maybe next weekend, weather permitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.