1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Water Marks

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by B Newt, May 18, 2010.

1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Tonight I was flipping through the channels. All the Showtime and The Movie Channel channels have a damn water mark in the lower right corner. Its time to drop them both. I just cant stand to watch a movie with that irritating water mark through the whole movie. It probely wont take long for HBO and Cinamax do the same thing. Thank goodness for VOD, ppv and blueray/dvd's. On regular channels now you have the channel jd on the lower right and the name of the show on the lower left, or they put info on a upcoming show. I wish we had the option to turn them off!!!

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    This isn't really a DirecTV topic. Your issue is with the content providers, not with the service providers. Channel/station logos are nothing new and aren't going anywhere.

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Hoosier is right. We need to take this up with the individual content providers. :shrug:

Mike

4. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    Try STARZ...damn, they actually have a color, full motion logo...and then have the nerve to cover the entire bottom of the screen with ads for other shows during the middle of my movie!! If it wasn't the 2-for-1 deal I have, I'd drop them tomorrow.

5. anleva

anleva Icon

Nov 14, 2007
    Amen brother. I can't stand it. It's especially annoying when you are trying to break-in a new plasma. Unfortunately it is here to stay I'm afraid.

6. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    I dont mind watermarks.

Its BANNERS that get me.