1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WCBS and HDTV

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by flmilkfarmer, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flmilkfarmer

flmilkfarmer Legend

Nov 14, 2004
    I have WCBS channel 8101 on and pay for the HDTV package but I do not get the WCBS in HD what do I need to do next.

Thanks

2. Jerry G

Jerry G Icon

Jul 12, 2003
    Which receiver are you using? Which satellites are you viewing?

3. flmilkfarmer

flmilkfarmer Legend

Nov 14, 2004
    61.5 and a 941

4. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    You have to call CS to have a CBSHD feed turned on. The NY feed is on 61.5° (9483), so if you're qualified to receive it, all you need to do is call CS.

5. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    The "qualified" part could be key. If you are in a DMA where CBS owns the local station (about 18 cities) or you were in an area where you couldn't get ANY CBS with an antenna. Or something pretty close to that. You have to call, but don't be surprised if they tell you that YOU don't qualify - lots don't.

Edit: EKB has a link to the qualifications - http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/cbshd/index.shtml

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    True, having the HD package has nothing to do with qualifying for CBS-HD, nor does having NY distant networks either.

7. flmilkfarmer

flmilkfarmer Legend

Nov 14, 2004
    I called CS and after about 45 minutes of being put on and off hold WCBS-HD was turned on. I had both the NY and LA CBS channels but CS told me that I could only have one or the other to get HD so I chose the East Coast WCBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.