1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Weather Channel App

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TDK1044, Apr 16, 2014.

1. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    I don't want to get into a whole Weather Channel discussion......that dead horse is well and truly flogged.....but now that The Weather Channel is back, does anyone know if the only useful thing related to the channel....namly the App, is going to be available again in order to get local weather info without having to navigate to the channel?

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    When TWC went dark Weather Nation began providing local weather via The Active Channel or pressing the red button on your remote when watching Weather Nation with the wording of local radar coming soon. That wording has been removed. TWC scroll states local weather via pressing the red button on your remote coming soon but does not mention a weather app. While I too would like seeing the local weather app return I don't see it happening soon. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

3. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i read on the other forum direcTV said the will back in May

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Which forum?