1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

WeatherNation......

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bnwrx, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    I've been watching this new offering from DTV this morning. Lots of weather info on it, the way the Weather Channel USED to be! Good maps and info. On air talent seems very weather knowledgeable. So far their "Local Weather" on the 5's has just been national slides. Will we get true "Local" weather info? Lets hope so! Nice addition DTV.

2. ep1974

ep1974 Legend

May 22, 2010
    I like it also. Good to see they provide a Caribbean forecast. Nice for vacationers who may be going on a cruise etc. in the next few days.

3. garn9173

garn9173 Icon

Apr 4, 2005
    Put me in the camp who those who like it as well. Nice alternative to The "Weather" (using that word loosley) Channel.

4. Jillxz

Jillxz New Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I have Directv and do not see this channel. NUtv use to be on 361 and moved to 358 . Now there is Fox News Channel 360 and the next channel is 362 the Weather Channel. There is no longer channel 361 on my Directv. Not listed in the guide either. I called Directv and they said there is no channel 361. So how are you guys seeing this WeatherNation ?

5. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Do you have a favorite channel list set up? If so, you have to add channel 361 to it.

6. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Try this....type in channel 361..then enter...then hit the info bar...slide over to the Favorites tab....then click add to"MY List(or whatever) that's it.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I keep the news and weather channels in QuickTune.

8. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Yeah its weird, they said WN was going to be on 361 a few weeks ago. So I went to 361 and it was NuTV but a slide saying it moved. I added 361 to favorites knowing WN was going to take its place. Well it didn't 361 vanished and never returned. I had to type in 361 today and arrow over and say add to favs.

So there is proof that the favorites lists is not number based, or else it would of remembered that 361 was added from when I did it a few weeks ago ahead of time in anticipation for this.

Anyway it seemed ok. The brunette was kind of attractive. Were supposed to get more snow tomorrow in the north east so good timing.

9. hockey_puck

hockey_puck Cool Member

Apr 19, 2009
    OMG! They actually show weather! What a concept. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. hockey_puck

hockey_puck Cool Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I really appreciate that the music changes on this segment and is NOT the constant same music over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........................

11. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    All I am seeing any more on the Weather Channel "Locals on the 8's", is a generic Locals on the 8's, not the real local weather like we used to get.

12. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    You might need to renter your zip code. Click "Active" and check to make sure it's your zip code listed for weather.

13. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    It was already in there. I deleted it and re-entered it and it made no difference but after the third time "Locals on the 8's" came up it gave me my local weather. Don't know how long it will work but it worked that last time it came up.

14. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Wow we're getting real weather info, Not Coast Guard Alaska everytime I try to see the weather on TWC, But that's why I use phone app for local weather.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

15. firemantom26

firemantom26 Mentor

Dec 2, 2006
    All we need is local weather forecasts and it would be perfect. So far I like it. :)

16. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Ive been watching this channel on my Roku for a long time. Its what TWC used to be, and I suspect will cause TWC to lose ratings at a rapid pace, except perhaps their live reporting from storms in progess, which is pretty hard to duplicate.

17. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Every page or so I remind folks to try the weather app. It does it for me.

18. scott0702

scott0702 DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 25, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Like. If D* can figure a way to integrate the local forecasts I will like it even more. This channel seems to be pure weather and like the weather channel once was before it started throwing in all the reality type shows.

19. android.cphone

android.cphone AllStar

Jan 10, 2012
    Hope to see local weather updates on weather nation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using DBSTalk mobile app

20. android.cphone

android.cphone AllStar

Jan 10, 2012
    Also currently I have bothbthe HD and SD chsnnel for weathernation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using DBSTalk mobile app

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.