1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Weird Issue recording Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Jeff Y, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Jeff Y

Jeff Y New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Last Sunday I recorded a game through the Sunday Ticket on my Genie. A couple days later I tried to watch it on my HR24. I could play the video but not the sound. So then I tried to play it on my Genie and all I got was a black screen and no sound. I could fast fwd, etc. but just black. I also have a C34 and get the same black screen. Other shows record just fine with no issues. The Genie is relatively new and this is the first time I tried recording the ST on it. Anybody have any thoughts? Thanks

2. jburns

jburns Cool Member

May 11, 2012
    Uh-oh. It sounds like you have attempted to record the game without the express written permission of the NFL. Don't go outside. There's probably a drone already circling over your house.

3. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Ordering the Sunday Ticket gives him that express written permission from the NFL to record the games.

Sounds like he didn't get the express written consent of FOX :)