1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

weird issue with sat 2 going out with 2 inputs but each inp ok

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by Mitch13, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Mitch13

Mitch13 New Member

Oct 26, 2013
    I have 2 DTV HDVR2 Tivo receivers hooked up to DirecTV, valid account and all that but I have the weirdest problem... if I run 1 cable from the LNB to either sat 1 or sat 2, it works fine. But if I run 2 cables, the sat 2 line is intermittent and doesn't work. I can swap cables 1 and 2 as single cables and they work fine, but when I put both in the DVR, the sat 2 signal gives me problems. I even tried this with a second HDVR2 receiver and the same thing happened. Anyone know what the problem is? I don't have a grounding block on the cables - they're going straight from the sat dish to the DVR. I can't figure out what's wrong.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Are you by chance using the SVideo output connection? I recall there's an unusual problem with this symptom if you're using SVideo.

What version software are on your Tivos?

3. Mitch13

Mitch13 New Member

Oct 26, 2013
  4. litzdog911

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What version Tivo software do you have?

5. Mitch13

Mitch13 New Member

Oct 26, 2013
    It's a Series 2. I'm not sure what version, but I have to units and they both have this issue. One made a recent call to update and one hasn't in years.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    How recent? IIRC, the TiVO update has not been on the stream for at least one year. The last time was when DirecTV screwed up the guide data on the TiVOs

7. litzdog911

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Look in the Settings/Setup Menu and you'll see the current software version. Post back here.

8. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    There's also a power supply issue that can cause this symptom in the Series 2 generation.