1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Weird problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tigercat74, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tigercat74

tigercat74 Mentor

Mar 25, 2007
    I don't usually watch live tv except to watch football games. This weekend I was watching two games at the same time with the double play buffering both games so I could skip commercials. The games were on ESPN and ESPN2. Once I caught up with the live real feed the screen went black on both tuners. I thought if I turned the channel it would be fine but no matter which channel I would turn it on it still would be a black channel with no sound. Everything else was fine. I could bring up my playlist, the guide and any menu options. Eventually I had to red button reset and then everything was fine. This happened on the HR24 in my living room.

Then on Monday I was watching the game on ESPN on the HR24 in my bedroom and it did the same thing. This time I rewound a few seconds and I thought it fixed it. So I went to bed and the next day I went to watch some shows I recorded on Tuesday and once I started the playback the recorded show was black and asked me to delete the program. This did it on three separate shows all recorded on the same channel. I tried to watch the live feed but it was all black again and I had to restart the receiver.

So that is my problem. If anybody knows what is causing this, I would appreciate a heads up. Thanks in advance.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You didn't mention whether you did a restart of the DVR?

3. tigercat74

tigercat74 Mentor

Mar 25, 2007
    Sorry. I assume did I restart the bedroom HR24 after the game on Monday. I did not but I did after I found that the recordings were blank. After the restart, it was working right.