1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird screen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by finaldiet, Oct 26, 2011.

1. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    My vizio screen goes on and off while using remote. I switch it on and a few seconds it goes off even though lite on tv shows its on. Sometimes watching show , screen will shut off with power lite showing on the tv. Happening a lot in the last 2 weeks. I believe the receiver is having a problem with the channel feed. Was watching wifes sony the other night and all of a sudden it went out also and I had to play around with remote to have it come on again. She said that was the first time that happen. Everything is powered on usually but sometimes tv will completely shut off. Any suggestions?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    try re-setup RIGHT code for your particular vizio model tv if you use DTV remote, if not - you got wrong forum ;)

3. woj027

woj027 Icon

Sep 3, 2007
    Portland, OR
    i recall something like this here before. Are your Video settings set to Native On or Off? Try switching that? Also, what format is your recivers set to display, occasionally mine gets bumped from 1080i to 480

4. finaldiet

finaldiet Hall Of Fame

Jun 13, 2006
    I just turned native to off and picture is set at 720 and 1080i

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    If you turned native off then you need to uncheck everything except the mode you want to use (either 720p, or 1080i). And you need to hit the format button a few times to make sure that it is indeed outputting what you want it to. Personally all of my receivers are set to ouput 1080i all the time. I can't remember ever having a HDMI hadnshake issue, and I don't have to deal with the weird flashing/long channel changes.