1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Weird sound loss

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by BillJ, Jun 6, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Had a movie recording on tuner 2 and was watching a recorded program on a 622 using TV 1 last night when I pushed something on the remote without looking where I was pushing. I intended to skip forward during a commercial but obviously missed my target. The program continued to play but suddenly there was no sound. I stopped the recorded program and found there was no sound on live programming from tuner 1 either.

My audio goes through an A/V receiver via optical digital so I ran some tests on the A/V receiver. It was working with other inputs. Then turned on TV 2 for the 622 and found it had no sound either. That told me it was a problem with the receiver. Wondering if it might be a DISH transmission problem, I fired up my other 622 to check. It had sound so the problem was isolated to the single 622. As a last check I switched that receiver to tuner 2, which was still recording. That tuner had sound. Before calling tech support I decided to do what I knew they would tell me to try first. I checked all receiver audio settings, which were okay, and then did a power button reboot. It worked. In five minutes I had sound again on all tuners.

Still don't know what I did to trigger this problem. It's one I've never seen before.

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Are both TV’s connected to Surround Sound or have a sound bar? When you please a DVD or Blu-Ray, do you notice any audio issues? When you press the buttons of; Menu>6>7 what are the settings for the DISH receiver for audio? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]