1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird sound loss

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by BillJ, Jun 6, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Had a movie recording on tuner 2 and was watching a recorded program on a 622 using TV 1 last night when I pushed something on the remote without looking where I was pushing. I intended to skip forward during a commercial but obviously missed my target. The program continued to play but suddenly there was no sound. I stopped the recorded program and found there was no sound on live programming from tuner 1 either.

My audio goes through an A/V receiver via optical digital so I ran some tests on the A/V receiver. It was working with other inputs. Then turned on TV 2 for the 622 and found it had no sound either. That told me it was a problem with the receiver. Wondering if it might be a DISH transmission problem, I fired up my other 622 to check. It had sound so the problem was isolated to the single 622. As a last check I switched that receiver to tuner 2, which was still recording. That tuner had sound. Before calling tech support I decided to do what I knew they would tell me to try first. I checked all receiver audio settings, which were okay, and then did a power button reboot. It worked. In five minutes I had sound again on all tuners.

Still don't know what I did to trigger this problem. It's one I've never seen before.

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Are both TV’s connected to Surround Sound or have a sound bar? When you please a DVD or Blu-Ray, do you notice any audio issues? When you press the buttons of; Menu>6>7 what are the settings for the DISH receiver for audio? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]