1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Welcome Pack question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by max1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Hey, on the welcome pack. I know it says 40 channels. Was wondering if History, Discovery, Ewtn, Fox News or CNN ESPN 1 and 2 was included in the package. Now that are sports is winding down for football am not watching that much tv. Plus we get Me-tv as a subchannel so am watching that more. If i like that package can I also switch back any time or am i locked in. Thanks for your help Max. Hope this makes sense.

2. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
  3. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    ok thanks, I think i may just drop down to 120 for now at least i would have the channels above mentioned. Its good to know we have options.

4. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Welcome Pack counts for commitments.

5. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Ok, thanks I am going to go with 120 for now. there just isn't much on tv right now for us anyway. I realize i wont have Sirius music but that's why i have the I phone and I pad and can stream on line with speaker. Plus i can watch the Big 10 on I pad. Thx Max.

6. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Dish Family, Dish Latino Classico, and Dish America are the bare minimum qualifing programming packages. Unless it has been changed, Welcome pack isn't a qualifing package.

7. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    One more stupid question. If i drop down to the 120 package can i change it back to the 250 at anytime. I am pretty sure i can i havent made the switch yet.

8. retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
    you can upgrade anytime

9. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Ok, thanks I am going to go with 120 pack that's more than enough channels for now since we now have Metv as a subchannel.

10. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    What are the restrictions on this package? If it doesn't count for commitments I assume you can't drop to it while in one, and would have to move up to another package if you take a new upgrade offer. Price? Can you add HD? BBMP? multi-sport RSNs? Other a la carte packs?

11. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    none. You can drop down to WP even in commitment
    No HD can be added except for add on options

you can move between packages with no issues. You do need 30 days between changes

You can't add any HD. You do get HD on the freeview channels and if you add a alacarte item that has HD yes you get those in HD too. But you wont get the WP channels in HD

yes
    no. Need AT120+ or Dish Silver to add that
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/premiums/other/customer.aspx
    along with premium movies and the adult channels

12. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    The phrase "Minimum Qualifing Programming" in regards to new customer promotions means, the minimum programming needed to maintain all the benifits of the promotion the customer signed up under. For instance, A customer could drop to the Welcome pack during the 1st year of service but by doing so, would forfeit all future programming discounts and freebies he would otherwise received. The 3 programming packages I listed earlier are the lowest you can go and still receive all of the promotional benifits.

13. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    The EKB now has a page for this package, http://www.dishuser.org/welcomepack.php
    I tried to reconcile some of the conflicting views, but am not really confident is trying to describe Dish's business rules based on observation. I'd appreciate an audit of the page, and it would also be nice to have a DIRT member weigh in on who can get the package and the possible downside.

14. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    The Welcome Package is currently available to all DISH Network subscribers.

Those customers in a commitment are disclosed. "You must maintain a minimum of DISH America, Dish Family, Latino Basico or any qualifying International Package."

Beyond this, DISH Network will review on a case by case basis and determine what offers can be extended to each customer.

15. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Thanks Mary, page updated.