1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome

Discussion in 'Tips & Resources Collaboration' started by Scott Kocourek, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for volunteering to help with this project. Things change around here often and we really need to bring them up to date to make sure people can trust us.

One thing I would like to do is make a list of old documents that are no longer relevant and see if they need to be removed all together or updated, when we have a document that needs to be updated if you want to do it please say so, don't just do it. I don't want to waste your time working on something that is being done by someone else.

We will start a thread for works in progress so they can be changed as necessary, if we work together it should go smooth. When we have a good amount of information I can move the posts into the regular Tips & Resources Forum.

Thanks Again!

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Scott has done a lot of early work on this and deserves a lot of credit. But I also wanted to take a moment to thank you volunteers who are revising these documents. There's a lot of really good content that just needs some help.

3. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Another thing I would like to bring up is this is not a Cutting Edge related project, we may come up with a small area about the CE Program but in the regular documents I would like all mention of CE left out.

4. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I'll put this link here for easy access. http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=76617

There is a ton of information here that no longer needed or accurate that we should sort through. I read through a lot of this stuff when I became a member here and our new members should have access to up to date and relevant information too.

I appreciate you all taking this on and look forward to working with you.

5. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Other than Inkahauts has anyone been going through the various threads or been working on anything? I know you folks are busy and was hoping that you all could pick topics that you are familiar with but if you want I can "assign" topics for each person.

6. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    Scott i haven't forgot about helping in this, this past week and half i've been getting hammered. I'm hoping after Friday i can start plugging away with this.

7. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    My apologies gentlemen, I was unexpectedly assigned some projects at work and as a result have not spent much time here over the last week. It's probable that my time will be limited going forward for awhile too (but it's week to week).

Scott, if you want to assign me some specific things to do, I can certainly do that. Or, if you'd rather grab somebody else to help, that's absolutely fine too. Again, my apologies.

8. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Oh, I don't know what I should work on... I think I'm a jack-of-all-trades, master of none with this stuff. Gimme a topic and I'll bang on it.

9. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    How about redoing this thread / post

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=747592

It's a doozy!

10. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=76617

Really, the first two posts are the links, pick a link and redo a subject, and I'll get it linked in the new thread I created. Some of them aren't even needed. Like dlb workaround. Other new things need to be added in, like mrv and iPad app, etc.

11. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Ok guy's, I have the template and the font that we need to use to make these. Once we have a thread that has the correct info we'll get one typed up. I will try later today to get the info into this thread so you can download it.

It sounds like the plan will be to have one main post with links to PDF's that contain all of the information.

Thanks again.

12. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Sure, pick the hardest one! :lol:

I can help with the iPad app for sure.

13. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Computer crashed yesterday. I am in the process of rebuilding a new hard drive to get it back up. Good news is I am back online.

14. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Go Beavs, I agree this would be a good one for you to do: Undocumented HD-DVR+ Tips & Tricks.

Fonts, template and example are in the Sticky.

Thanks!

15. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    gulfwarvet, if you are comfortable doing a FAQ on dishes, cable, standard switches and SWiM. These can likely be put into one document.

16. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
  17. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    Shoot me a message when you are back and ready to go, I'll be happy to find something.

Thanks again, this is way too much for one person to do.

18. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    As we get them done I'll put them into the sticky.

19. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    David Ortiz, would you please do a networking, Deca, WDCCK FAQ.

The second post in this link: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=76617 has some outdated links that may have some good info, other info can be gained from First Looks too.

20. inkahauts

Nov 13, 2006
    I did? When sis I do that? :D

I have only been working on creating that first post so far, and getting some of the external links working. I will try and knock out more in the next few days.