1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

were all your NBC FRO shows really repeats this week?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by newsposter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    I thought I had a lot to catch up on this weekend but at least 5 of my NBC shows were repeats this week but the HR20 said it was first run. I've had the occasional mix up in the past, no big deal. But with all these shows at once in the same week, i thought it bizarre.

I had to move NBC passes from the HDtivo to the HR20 a few weeks ago due to OTA issues, but i assume the guide data is the same for HDtivo hr20 and it would have happened on hdtivo too?

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I had no issues with NBC shows this week. Wonder if it is a local station issue?

3. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    The local stations aren't THAT involved with the guide data for network programming.

And FWIW, I haven't had this problem either.

4. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    I gave newsposter this answer on another forum, but I'll repeat it here for the benefit of others...

When you set up a new Series Link on an HR2x DVR, it will record the next episode of that show -- even if you set the SL for "first run only" and the next episode is a rerun.

5. murry27409

murry27409 Member

Oct 16, 2007
    I did experience something similar. Of all the NBC shows, only ER was set to record, and was recording, when I checked in on it and noticed the 1st run date (11/28 i think). This mix-up hasn't happened in a very long time. Aside from that, no other changes in SL recording behavior.