1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

We're Congress and we're here to help you - the Protect IP Act

Discussion in 'Legislative and Regulatory Issues' started by phrelin, Oct 28, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    World wide content piracy is a problem. But so is Congress.

From Forbes:
    From SiliconValley.com:
    In case you didn't notice, when it comes to media interests and protecting their rights by abusing yours, the lefty producer/director/actor interests break out Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. and the corporate right interests Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.

It is always amazing when it comes down to money trampling over the rights ordinary folks, politicians from both the left and right seem to side with money. Unfortunately, monied interests on the other side - Google, Yahoo, eBay and Amazon.com - woke up to the threat late in the game.

After reviewing the proposed overkill, as an interested citizen and voter you may want to drop your Senators and Representative a note.

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Don't get me started. I'm already boiling mad from the CSR thread.

3. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    What if the website is outside the US?

4. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Then the IPS's are forced to block its access in the US. Think China. Works very well there.