1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West Coast access to 61.5 E12

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by shortyboo, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shortyboo

shortyboo New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Is it possible to receive NYC HD networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, PBS) on the west coast? If one were to receive 61.5, would that be enough? Or would you need E12 access? If so, does the footprint not extend to the west coast?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    In a word, No. First off Dish only supplies the big four of ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox out of NY, the CW is uplinked but not yet available, PBS in not available at all. Second, all four are on spot beam and would be not be viewable at all outside the viewing radius of the NY dma so the west coast could never see the spot beam they are on period.:nono2:

3. jimmino

jimmino Cool Member

Feb 6, 2006
    "Is it possible to receive NYC HD networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, PBS) on the west coast? If one were to receive 61.5, would that be enough? Or would you need E12 access? If so, does the footprint not extend to the west coast?"

Well there is a way to get east coast feeds on the west coast. But not NYC. There is a company that offers "Atlanta" feeds for a price!

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/procLookup.php

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Except the OP wants HD locals, they are not offered by my distant networks.com

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I just ended my subscription to the distants. While I like looking at Atlanta local news now and then, the picture quality has been pretty poor even for SD locals. I could compare my SFO SD locals to the ones offered through mydistantnetworks.com. It wasn't pretty.

6. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    In addition to not answering the OP's problem. No it is no longer possible to receive NYC HD outside the region as it went to spotbeams from 61.5 (e12 the former rainbow 1). And although rumored to be uplinked CW HD is not available. The Distant networks offered do not include any HD at this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.