1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Western Arc & Fort Wayne Locals

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by John W, Jun 27, 2014.

1. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Was just in a rather exrtended chat that began with an attempt to have a tech come and check our recent increasing signal loss issues from 129 here in Huntington, Indiana. We have Dish looking at 100, 119 and 129. The chat person found a prompt on the account that we needed to be changed to the Western Arc, 72 and 61.5 because our locals are migrating there. So, avoided any cost in relation to the tech visit and get two new HD receivers in place of the two of our four that aren't. And i assume a new dish looking towards 72 and 61.5 which we had before with no issues. Just better lines of sight that direction here. This all sound right to everyone?

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    110/119/129 is the Western Arc, 61.5/72.7 &77 is the Eastern Arc. Eastern Arc most of the time is only 61.5 & 72.7 unless 77 is needed for local channels. EA requires MPEG4 so you need HD receivers.

1 person likes this.
  3. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    OK, so just backwards from what the chat person said although they specificaly mentioned 61.5 and 72. Thank you.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    There have been a lot of markets duplicated on the Eastern Arc with more being added.
    "Migration" will take time to replace all the 110-119-129 dishes. I suppose at some point (if "migration" is happening) the locals will leave Western Arc but I do not recall that happening to any market yet.

It seems to be more of a duplication than a move.

5. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    I do know that customers in the Fort Wayne DMA are being told that they will have to move to EARC or they will lose their locals. Of course I haven't heard of any definite timetable at this point though.