1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WETA in Washington, DC, is it available in HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by quietmouse, Mar 27, 2009.

1. quietmouse

quietmouse Guest

WETA in Washington, DC, is it available in HD? thanks! :)

(via DirecTV satellite, not OTA)

2. DC_SnDvl

DC_SnDvl Godfather

Aug 17, 2006
    No

3. Rob-NovA

Rob-NovA Icon

Jan 10, 2008
    Not yet unfortunately. Although they were one of the first PBS stations to go HD. Wonder what's taking them so long? Would be nice to see the fireworks in HD this year.

4. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    You can easily find out what locals are available on DirecTV using the D* website. Go here http://www.directv.com/locals and type in the zip code and it will show you which local channels are available via satellite and which are in HD.

5. Rob-NovA

Rob-NovA Icon

Jan 10, 2008
    I sent a note to the folks at WETA via their web feedback form asking when they were going to be providing an HD feed (and potentially the subchannels) to DirecTV. This is what I got back today:

I got this from someone advertising themselves as an "Audience Services Coordinator" (name and contact info withheld), so I don't know how technically accurate this is regarding D*'s choice to carry SD versus HD.

6. Captain TV

Captain TV New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Maybe Directv can't decide which PBS affiliate to carry, after all we recieve WETA, WHUT, Maryland Public Broadcasting and Virginia Public Broadcasting. Life is good but it would be better with PBS in HD.