1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAG Hagerstown asnd DISH

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Geronimo, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    WHAG is listed on the hidden Displayer menu. Does anyone know when it might be added. Same with MPT I would not care which MPT station. DTV has both in the DC market.

2. AFH

AFH Guest

Geronimo,

Any Jacksonville stations listed hidden Dishplayer menu?

3. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    Oh well another hijacked thread. i will try to look into it for you. Where might the Jacksonville locals be located?

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    AFH...No. Jacksonville has never been in the Hidden guide. Neither has ANY city other than the cities currently served by Dish and Baltimore. The Baltimore locals are NO LONGER on the hidden guide.
    -------------------

Back you the regularly scheduled thread....

Geronimo, the last time the HAG sent me an e-mail (three months ago) it was to tell me that they were hung up on getting the fiber over to Washington. They said to expect the channel up sometime in September or October. Now that DirecTV has this channel looks like they got the fiber from Hagerstown to Washington, but not from the Washington hub to the Dish POP. Don't know what the deal is with that.

See ya
    Tony

5. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    Thank you TNGTony. You are always helpful!

I have also contacted MPT. They always tell me they are on DirecTV already. I keep telling them that it is a different DBS service but I have not had much luck in gettting that point across.

6. BrettR

BrettR Legend

Apr 24, 2002
    Email Mark.Cohen@echostar.com also.

DirecTV doesnt carry WHAG but they do offer MPT. IIRC, Dish is already carrying 3 NCE stations from D.C. market (WETA, WHUT, WNVC) so is not obligated to carry MPT which carries often same lineup as WETA. As JohnH pointed out, there is not much space on 61.5 so Dish is being careful how they use it. Thats not to say Dish cant add it but they are not forced to leave channel space for MPT at the moment.

There is atleast one or two MPT stations that send a Grade A to the Dish receive facility in DC. So MPT wouldnt even have to run fiber at their expense. WHAG though would.

7. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    MPT is in another state so I am not sure it is true that DISH is not required to carry them. Their lineup is not the same as WETA and the programming on WNVC is completely different. DirecTV carries all all of the stations you mentioned plus MPT.

WHAG is as I understand it now on DirecTV or will be shortly----hence the question. There have been several threads about their lawsuit and their problems getting a feed to DirecTV.

8. bryan27

bryan27 DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru

Apr 1, 2002
    In state or out of state doesn't matter with NCE stations. It's at least 3 if there are 3 or more in the DMA (and they don't dup 50% or more at the same time).

BTW E* carries 4 NCE stations for D.C. WETA, WHUT, WNVC, & WNVT. I doubt they will offer MPT until they offer Baltimore.

9. Geronimo

Mar 23, 2002
    Thanks Bryan! i take it that what youa re saying is they won't offer MPT in DC at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.