1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are my options - accessing Now Playing list?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JLucPicard, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    My HDTV was stolen and it will take about a week or so to replace it. The only other TV I have is a standard (older) model.

The HR10-250 (as best I can tell) has only HDMI or component (red-blue-green) outputs. No composite (red-white-yellow), coaxial or S-video. The TV I have for now only has S-video, coax or composite inputs.

Is it possible to go from component outputs to composite inputs and get any kind of video at all? All I'm looking for at this point is to manage the "Now Playing" list to delete programs I may have watched some other way to make sure my Season Passes still have room to record. If so, which color (red-blue-green) would be the equivalent of the yellow video input/output?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JLucPicard - temporarily without HD and hating it!

2. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    The HDTivo does indeed have composite A/V and svideo outputs, saw them myself last Friday when I was at Best Buy and got to the DirecTV section :)

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    DUH!

Thanks, Steve. My first stop should have been Chris's review. Next time, I definitely take the flashlight back there with me!

Next question. I unplugged the HDMI cable and connected to the TV using the composite cables. I get sound, but picture is black. I also tried using S-video and again, the picture is black. To the best of my recollection, I had it set up so when using the up arrow to cycle, I was cycling between 1080i and 480i. I tried that several times with both hook ups. It flickered when switching, but again, just black.

I even unplugged the unit and plugged it in again to "reboot" it after disconnecting the HDMI and having it hooked up with the composites. My dilemma now is, how can I get the picture? I cannot access the menus to deal with the resolution settings or anything because I see nothing but black.

I do still have the optical audio cable plugged in, but I even tried unplugging that once and there was no change.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

4. Richard Chalk

Richard Chalk Legend

Jan 4, 2004
    The scan mode is selected, and indicated, by the small display and button on the front of the unit, near the center. Find the button marked "format", and the lights just to the right of that.

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Well, I got a replacement (floor model) until my new HDTV comes in. Got into my HD TiVo and all is well. I'm back among the HD crowd and loving it!

Thanks for the help, folks!

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.