1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are these "8000" Channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ThomasM, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I noticed a bunch of channels in the 8000's were added to my favorites list so I changed my guide to "all channels" and discovered even more of them. All say "to be announced" in the guide and tuning in to one produces the DirecTV logo and catchy instrumental music.

Does anybody know what DirecTV is up to?

2. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    The old Viacom channels were remapped there, now just showing TBA.

3. hyde76

hyde76 Legend

Nov 26, 2007
    It's not just that the viacom channels moved to the 8000's. If you have a season pass for say... Hollywood Heights on Nick.., that's still recording, only it's recording music on channel 8299. Even though the channel guide says TBA, it would seem the real data is still there and the season links are recording as if they did not know about the dispute.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Makes restarting the channels seamless and pretty much immediate ifDirecTV end up giving Viacom the sucker they want, or Viacom accepts a dum-dum lollipop instead.

5. hmss007

hmss007 AllStar

Aug 12, 2006
    Problem with this solution is that it is constantly recording Nickelodeon shows when there aren't any to record. If, like us, you have your DVR setup to only keep 10 shows, it has now recorded 10 new shows and wiped out all the previously recorded shows - so now not only are we left with a bunch of recordings that aren't any good (just music) but all the previous shows are gone and there aren't any iCarly's, Victorious' or SpongeBob SquarePants to watch.

Sigh