1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you guys/gals doing to watch Walking Dead?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Nightmare, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Nightmare

Nightmare Legend

Nov 2, 2002
    I have the Roku that DISH gave me, but I haven't purchased the series yet.

I've been watching all the Breaking Bad on Netflix the last couple weeks.

So, what is everyone doing to watch the Walking Dead? I got my mother and brother on DISH, so I can't go to their houses :sure:

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    what would be total cost to buy all chapters via amazon using the roky box ?

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm not. I don't get the fascination with garbage.

4. Nightmare

Nightmare Legend

Nov 2, 2002
    Looks like it is about $2.99 per episode (or 5% off if you get the whole season).

They are showing the first Episode on AMC.com

5. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    I am not allowed to tell you how I am watching it because of the The DBStalk TOS.....

6. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Agree 100%:)

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Let's keep it that way ... there are plenty of ways to watch the show that cannot be discussed here.

8. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I don't get the fascination either---but I wouldn't call it garbage just because I'm not a fan

9. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Same lol.

10. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I watched it at the AMC site on-line for free (minus bandwidth usage). Quality of video was marginal.

11. clotter

clotter AllStar

Apr 12, 2008
    Big fan here, but I have little choice but to wait until it comes out on Netflix.

I guess one man's garbage is another man's treasure. I don't tend to litter in threads I feel are garbage though. :rolleyes:

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I like the show... but I've also read the comics. So, while I know there have been some big differences, I also know the gist of the story.

I bought season 2 on Blu-ray and have that to keep me busy + all the other new stuff + other Blu-rays and DVDs already in my house.

I would like to buy season 3 on Blu-ray when it comes out next year anyway... so I'm actually ok with being unable to watch just this one show by not having AMC.

I'd prefer to have it and watch the shows new... but it isn't the end of the world, and I'll enjoy those Blu-rays all the more for it being the first time I see the episodes when the time comes.

13. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Side note: I don't go into threads of shows that may be favorites of other that I don't particularly like and call them "garbage". Going out of one's way to sling an insult speaks to character.

On topic: As others have stated, there are other ways to get the show. I'm not a fan of it myself, but my daughter is and she wanted to know if I would or could use said methodology to get new episodes.

14. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Producing and airing trash says a lot about the production companies and networks. I applaud Dish for not running this stuff for whatever reason.

This is the kind of thing (along with the Saw movies) that should be XXX rated and tightly regulated to keep it from small children. There is just no reason at all for this to be on any form of mainstream television.

I worry about a society that all but bans depictions of people enjoying each other but revels in depictions of terror, abuse and mutilation.

15. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Ones person's gold is another person's trash. We have established that. Now please back on topic.

16. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    I bought a season pass from Amazon.

17. John79605

John79605 Legend

Feb 9, 2007
    I plan to pay $11 to Amazon Instant as soon as the season is over. That's what I did to watch Breaking Bad.

18. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Nothing, I stopped watching anything on AMC years ago when they stopped being AMC and none of their original content holds any particular interest for me. It's only television and no television program is going to control my life to the point that I MUST see it.

19. ehilbert1

ehilbert1 Godfather

Jan 22, 2007
    That's were parenting comes in. We have a young daughter and we make sure she doesn't see it. It all comes down to turning the channel if you don't like it. No need to regulate when again you can turn the channel. It's obvious you do that and that's your choice. Why come into a thread an bag on people that do like that show and AMC? I know exactly why you do it and I think others do too.

Don't worry about society man. Live your life the way you see fit and enjoy what you enjoy. Let others live their lives and enjoy what they enjoy!

By the way Amazon is a great way to get the show. I use an Xbox 360!

20. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    ...and when "Mad Men" premiers? Will you applaud Dish for not showing THAT "trash"?

Dish isn't carrying a *channel* - not making some phony-moral stand against a particular show.