1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What comes with the 622 (Install Question)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by sharper540, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharper540

sharper540 Cool Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I was wondering what is included in the install of the 622. Things like: Will they set up the 2nd TV for me? Will they include an HDMI cable, etc...? Will they pull cable in order to get cable to the 2nd TV? Will they truly be helpful on getting it set up the way I want (or perhaps the best way). At what point do they start charging more. I know that this can vary, but what should I expect. I've always done my own installs in the past.

Thanks for any help or advice on what I can expect and/or ask for.

2. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    you have to buy the HDMI cable.

3. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Actually according to the Tech Portal, the HDMI cable is included in the package of cables, as well as a HDMI to DVI converter for those with TVs with DVI inputs.

4. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    I have a 211 install scheduled for Monday and it was my understanding I needed to get a converter from HDMI t the DVI cable I use now for my 811 to my tv-dvi only.Will a 211 install include a converter?

5. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Rob I hope you are right because other posters had stated that the HDMI cable is not included, but the adaptors is.

6. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Looking at the tech portal list, it appears to be identical to the list that came with my 942, so hopefully everyone will get what they need to hook these up.

7. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Found the tech portal for the 211 and it looks like it comes with hdmi to dvi cable.I wonder why different info has been posted.Maybe tomcrown1 might know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.