1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

What did DTV to to their signal today?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Floyd, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Early this afternoon my phone lit up with calls from hotels that have older receivers in their headends. Evidently DTV sent out something that prevented them from getting a signal. On the Hewes receivers the satellite menu item wouldn't work so I could check the signal strength. On most of the sites the receivers came back up by themselves. Possibly, DTV sent some kind of a restore command up. Unfortunately, some people were doing troubleshooting and those sites didn't get the restore program, so I had to go out and do some re-sets.
    This might have something to do with the upcoming turn -off of older receiver feeds.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  3. Ken Stomski

Ken Stomski Mentor

Nov 17, 2011
    communication went out to l&i dealers well over a year ago addressing this issue. we have already swapped over all the headends around here from mpg guide receivers to d12s.

4. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    Yes, it was a temporary glitch, but probably a precursor of future events, when older receivers will become mainly unusable..